Thursday 16 May 2013

Interview - Cardinal Schönborn



I came across this truly amazing video of an English interview of Cardinal Christoph Schönborn OP. I found it on the Southern Orders blog, one of the Blogs I follow. What a delightful warm man Cardinal Schönborn appears to be.

Fr. McDonald, author of the Southern Orders blog, says this about the interview and I agree with him completely:

Many in the Church today who should well remember what was going on in the 1960's and 1970's seem to be in a grand denial of it. Others born after that period are clueless of it and cannot see aspects of the 1960's and '70's rearing its ugly head in post-Catholicism, those who are in favour of women's ordination, artificial birth control, pro-choice attitudes and same sex marriage. This is all part of the culture of deconstruction of the Catholic Church, her beliefs and disciplines. It is no accident that the year of greatest abuse of minors in the Church took place in 1974.

I hope you enjoy the video as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment